To check whether an establishment has a classification certificate,Click here
Can’t find the establishment?Report form
Under the Tourist Accommodation Establishments Act anyone who offers accommodation
for rent to tourists without holding a classification certificate COMMITS AN OFFENCE
The Minister of Tourism has given us the mandate to carry out an inspection program to enforce the Act and Regulation respecting tourist accommodation establishments for the “hotel establishments,” “tourist homes,” “bed & breakfast establishments,” “resorts,” “youth hostels,” “educational institutions” and “other accommodation establishments” classes.
• identifying illegally operated establishments;
• following up on reports of illegally operated establishments;
• conducting the required validations to determine whether establishments identified or reported are legally operated;
• issuing notices of offence;
• forwarding these cases to investigators at the Ministère du Tourisme for follow-up by the Directeur des poursuites criminelles et pénales.
Under the inspection mandate assigned us by Tourisme Québec, we are committed to acting transparently. The following tables list the actions taken and results obtained since July 1, 2016, when the agreement was signed with the Ministère.
NOTICES OF OFFENCE
1 Individuals issued with a notice of offence have 10 days to contact the CITQ or withdraw their rental offer.
2 Director of criminal and penal prosecutions.
3 Could not be processed because:
• the offer to rent could not be found in the media or on advertising platforms;
• incomplete or mistaken report form submitted anonymously.